Microsoft disabled file downloads by default in some versions of Internet Explorer as part of its security policy. To allow file downloads in Internet Explorer, follow these steps.
- Open Internet Explorer.
- From the Tools menu, select Internet Options.
- In the Internet Options dialog box, click the Security tab.
- Click Custom Level.
- In the Security Settings dialog box, scroll to the Downloads section.
- Under File download, select Enable, and then click OK.
- In the confirmation dialog box, click Yes.
- Click OK > Apply > OK.
Now you will be prompted for file downloads.